The number one way we get infected with malware, ransomeware, Trojans, etc is through email links, and attachments.
Follow these 4 steps to detect a nefarious email every time:
- Check the FROM email address – this will usually alert you this is SPAM, but it can be spoofed.
- Check for misspelled words and bad grammar.
- Check the URL – never click on an embedded hyperlink!
- Right-click the URL in the email – copy and past it into a text file to verify it.
- Never open or install an email attachment. Take the time to verify the source.
A recent Phishing email sent to a group: